7.23.2005

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Wow.

Rewind time to last Wednesday. I arrived home from work to find that my copy of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince had arrived in the mail. I knew immediately that I wouldn't be getting much sleep that night. I went over to Amber's for dinner, and then we went to BDI and hung out at her house for a bit. I returned home at midnight, and promptly cracked the book.
4 hours later, I finished. I was so tired I didn't know what to think, except I had realized that this was an absolutely fantastic book. And I can't wait for the conclusion. Read the book (after you've read the other 5, of course, else this one won't make too much sense).
The ending is what makes the book, of course. I won't give anything away, but the rest of the book can seem a little dull and stuck-in-the-mud, but it all makes sense once you reach the final few chapters. This drudgery in the middle of the book I find is perfectly necessary, and is worth slogging through.
Read it now!

No comments: