I bought Half-Life 2 Episode 1 today. I'm waiting for it to download right now, so I figured I'd post about video games. Here's a list of my favourite video games ever (in no particular order).
1. Half-Life. What do I need to say?
2. Half-Life 2. Zombies and Ravenholm, and some of the best chase scenes ever. The ending was a little weird, and I wanted to fight a boss, but it was worth it.
3. Zelda: Ocarina of Time. Great story. Flawless gameplay. Replayable like crazy. Probably the best game ever made.
4. Zelda: Majora's Mask. Much, much darker than OoT, but the story was there. Kudos on the 3-day game mechanics - this was a puzzle in of itself.
5. Zelda: Link to the Past. Classic Zelda (are you noticing a pattern?)
6. Homeworld. I know some of you didn't like this (Aaron, cough!), but the story was fantastic and emotionally involving. Amazing use of cutscenes that were drawings (in between levels). Great game mechanics, too.
7. StarCraft (including Brood War). I put so much time into this game it isn't even funny anymore.
8. Chrono Trigger. Great story, replayable, fun as anything.
9. EarthBound (SNES). Funniest game ever. Whoever made this game had a warped sense of humour, but it made sense to me.
10. Harvest Moon (SNES). Most repetitive game ever. How could a game this tedious be so fun? I still have no idea, but the game is solid.
11. Super Monkey Ball (GCN). It's a monkey in a ball. What's not to love? This game has the best multiplayer modes for parties, especially for people who don't play games regularly.
12. Mario Kart 64. This was a well-made game. I still think it's better than Double Dash.
13. Donkey Kong Country (SNES). This was the first Nintendo game I ever finished. Donkey Kong 64 was pretty good, too.
14. Jet Force Gemini. A lesser-known game, but it had a great story. Great music, too.
15. X-Wing and TIE Fighter(PC). How could I forget this game? These were the most difficult games I have ever played.
16. Dark Forces and Jedi Knight. Lucasarts used to put out some solid games. What happened? I remember the first time I got to use a lightsaber...I was very excited.
Honourable mentions: Zelda: The Wind Waker for spectacular graphics, a good story, and the moment where everything except you is in black and white, and Pokemon, for the most addictive game ever.
Before you complain that "this video game isn't on your list", remember that I may not have played it. Feel free to add your favourites, though!
Also, I realize that there are no Mario games on here. Bite me.