8.25.2005

Finally...

Well, today was a really good day. I got off work early (3-ish), and I raced home, and I managed to get a hold of Amber! She's in Germany now, which is 7 hours ahead of Manitoba time, so it was 10:30 her time when I managed to finally reach her. We had a good 3-hour chat, and I feel so much better now. It's been almost a month since I've actually been able to speak with her. We've emailed and snailed, but there's just no substitute for actually speaking with someone. That's why I almost completely detest MSN Messenger - it's not an actual conversation with someone, it's closer to playing a video game. Yes, I actually do use it, but mostly to keep in touch with people it's not feasible to speak to in person, or on the phone. Or to check my MSN account quickly.
In other news, Matt Neufeld and the Danger Trio f. Gabriella Zurzolo are performing at the Morden Corn & Apple festival this weekend courtesy of Corpell's Water. It's our last jazz gig of the summer, and I'm sort of looking forward to it, because it's where I get to play jazz, but not completely, because it's gonna be bigger than the Winkler harvest festival, where I had to play for nearly 2 hours solid. I have to practice. Lots.
Anyways, come out to see us, and to have a great time.
School day count: 12 days till Prov. Woo-hoo!

No comments: